Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Zombies of Summer!


The good news is that a small (but feisty) Canadian publisher has expressed interest in my 2009 3-Day Novel Alice’s Adventures with Welsh Zombies. As the novel is about 20,000 words short of being ... well, a novel, I’ve spent the past two months writing my still beating heart out.

The bad news is that I haven’t had time to devote to Handmade by Mother. I haven’t even been knitting! Fact is, needles and hooks will not protect you when zombies invade your yarn stash!


However, my love of tacky vintage knits and crochets remains as strong as my love of kitschy zombies. So, I promise to write at least one post a month.

After all, I know what will happen if I let Handmade by Mother die...


The blog will come back and eat my brains!


13 comments:

  1. I've been wondering about you. Miss your humor and patterns. Good luck with the novel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed your posts! Look forward to them returning, after real life issues have settled!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw! glad to know you're alive and still in pursuit of things creative!

    happy bastille day!!

    --jenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What exciting news! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I've been feeling totally deprived of your blog entries... So your 3 day novel floated? I have a few sitting about here that I should dust off. I love that contest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, Dabble, you talking about the novel(s) sounds inspiring. I keep trying to be a writer (read: novelist), alas, I am not....yet. Still a chef, gardener, and crocheter and knitter...by that I mean that's what I do with my time--at my house, I'm not paid money for any of these things, nor would I want to be.

    Funny how in conversation, written and spoken, I can go for miles and miles, but when I sit down to put together some fiction, I'm like the old truck in the driveway on cinder-blocks...what kind of writer is that? Maybe I just need to take something hallucinogenic.....no just kidding-I think.

    --jenny

    ReplyDelete
  7. You and your very special and most witty blog have been much missed,I am really happy for its return. Congratulations for the novel's publishing,may it become a best seller soon. Hind

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! genius rewarded! thank you for your commitment to keep this marvelous blog alive. it's such great inspiration for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, everyone! But let's not jump the gun - they've expressed serious interest, but there's no publishing contract yet.

    It's tricky writing when you've got your fingers crossed for good luck. So, I'm glad you're all rooting for me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the novel - and thanks for returning to complement my knitting blog addiction with the finest craft projects available!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So good to see a new post...I enjoy your blog and snark :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Vivian and Anony,

    I wasn't quite ALL the way back in August, but I'm definitely here now! And Vivian, keep an eye open for more news on the novel soon.

    ReplyDelete